Loaded Barrels is inspired by true stories of California’s Hollister and Bixby Ranches from the 1970s. When hardcore surfers were lured onto private land by perfect empty waves. But the risks were high, getting caught could result in death by cowboy!
These stories are told around beach fires across the surfing world. Thanks to Dave Natal, they’re now available to enjoy in one epic novel.
The Loaded Barrels cast reads like a Hollywood movie:
• Lonnie – our anti-hero, a young rebellious surfer from a broken home with pro surfing potential.
• Stoker – a wild fisherman with a wandering eye, speaks in pirate prose and has surprising connections.
• Sally – an alluring cowgirl, nature lover and videographer, with the key to dreams and a goodness to be guarded.
• Shaun – the glue that binds them all together. Lonnie’s older brother, surfer, fisherman, and the father figure his little brother needs.
• Cowboys – tobacco chewing, cow wrangling, tough living, surfer hating, hard men. And lots of them.
• Drug dealers – who hate everyone.
Warning this book contains scenes of a violent, sexual and dangerously exciting nature.
• Forbidden surf spots – amazing waves, crowd free, nothing there except nature, but trespassers will be severely punished.
• Broken homes – dysfunctional families, missing parents, and unexpected responsibilities will keep you intrigued.
• Drugs and gangs – everyone has their gang: cowboys, surfers, fishermen, criminals and Christians, but drugs can make things messy.
• Unexpected love – sorry I don’t kiss and tell 😉
Let’s just say like all good Hollywood movies, there’s a happy ending.
This is an epic surf story and like your favourite box set, you’ll enjoy escaping for hours in this fabulous world of fiction.
Want to know the true ranch stories that inspired Loaded Barrels? You’ll be pleased to know they’re in a bonus section at the end.
It’s a genuine bargain at £2.42 and available to buy for your Kindle on Amazon here.
For a printed copy go to: http://davidnatal.com